My Amazon Store

Saturday, August 6, 2011

17 Again

Zac Efron takes his first steps away from Disney and the world of "High School Musical" in this delightful teen comedy. Of course he still has to bust out a dance move or two, but then, this is his first *real* movie.
17 Again is very much like "It's a Wonderful Life". This guy things his life sucks, he falls in with some angelic being who changes his perspective, and viola! His life is great again. Of course there are some differences, most significant being that the main character, instead of never being born, is transformed into a 17 year old and given the chance to choose a different life then he did the first time.
I have to give the story a 3. It really is not that original.
How well it is made gets a 5.
Language gets a 3, there was some swearing and crude joking.
Sexual content gets a 3, there were some innuendos and inappropriate joking. But! I have to mention, the main character's (Zac Efron) view of intimacy is a good message: save it for marriage.
Violence gets a 4. There was a well-choreographed fight scene that was more funny than violent, and a couple other random things.
Overall, I'm giving this movie a 4. I personally absolutely LOVE this movie, it's in my top ten, but because of the content, I have to say that I do not think that anyone under the age of 15 should watch it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I do think that Zac Efron's character is depicted well. He is very convincing about how love should be taken very seriously and showing his new found understanding of it all. I also like the message of the importance of family! Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete