My Amazon Store

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Alright, movies of the past few weeks. I am going to organize the way I rate movies to make it a little easier for myself. I'm going to rate on a 1-5 scale (with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest) the story/plot, how well it's made, and then how I like it overall. I am also going to rate the content, broken down into 3 categories: sexual, language and violence on a 1-10 scale, with 1 being little to no objectionable content and 10 being so much it's not worth watching. 

The Tourist
Starring Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp. She's a beautiful and mysterious woman, he's an unsuspecting American tourist. They meet on a train. Perfect chemistry for an intriguing and fascinating movie.
 I have to give the plot a 4. It was intriguing, and fairly unpredictable, but I personally thought that the characters could have used a little more development.
 I'm going to give how well the movie is made a 5. The effects, style and everything about how it was made was superb in my opinion. 
Sexual content gets a 5. In the beginning there is an inappropriate reference, and later on there is a passionate kissing scene. 
Violence gets a 5 as well. There are some gun chases and other types of violence, but it wasn't too bad. 
Language gets a 6. There was a lot of swearing.
Overall, I really enjoyed this movie, and I would not mind watching it again multiple times. But, because of the content, I am going to have to give it a 4 instead of a 5. I would also say that this movie is definitely not appropriate for anyone under the age of 13. 

Tangled
I honestly am not sure where to begin with this movie. I LOVE this movie. If I had to pick a top ten, this would definitely make the top of the list. Beautiful music, beautiful story, this is Disney princess at its best. There was no sexual content, no violence, and no language (thus earning a rating of 1 for each of those categories). The plot was sweet and fun and the movie was well made, thus earning a rating of 5 in each of those areas. Overall I give this movie a 5 and in my opinion, this movie is appropriate for all ages. 

I actually haven't been watching a ton of movies lately, I have been reading. I got hooked on the Left Behind Series by Jerry B Jenkins and Tim LaHaye. The Left Behind series if Christian fiction about what could happen in the last days. The first book starts with Jesus Christ rapturing His church and leaving all the unbelievers behind. The series then follows the people who come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ after the rapture as they struggle to survive in the world of the tribulation. In the last three weeks I have read books 1, 2, 3, 4 and am now in the middle of #5. 
Last night I watch Left Behind the movie. It was good, but read the book first. Or watch the movie and the read the book right away. The movie was true to the spirit of the book, but it cut soooo much out and took to many liberties. They would have done much better to have stayed true to the book. 

Well, thats all I have for today. Until later,
Goodnight world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment